This Stir Fried Vegetables With Quinoa Recipe is packed with flavour, crunch and goodness. I don't know about you but I love a healthy stir fry.
And plant- based stir fries give you the opportunity to bump up your veggie intake without compromising on taste. It's super important to get lots of plant food into your diet.
The miso paste, tahini, lemon juice and herbs add a beautifully deep flavour to this dish.
Miso paste is a great fermented food to include as an ingredient in the right meals. It's a probiotic food and fabulous for your gut.
You can create your own vegetable combination based on what you fancy, have in stock, or want to use up. It doesn't take long to knock up this delicious-tasting meal whether you cook the quinoa fresh, or use leftovers.
You can learn more about quinoa in my 4 Tasty Ways With Quinoa blog.
Stir Fried Vegetables With Quinoa
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, chopped or grated)
- 8 broccoli tenderstems
- 1 large handful cauliflower florets
- 1 large handful purple cabbage
- 1 large handful green cabbage
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 dessertspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 dessertspoons dried mixed herbs (I used - marjoram, basil & oregano)
- Fresh ground black pepper & salt
- Wash and chop up or slice all the vegetables into bite-size pieces or slices, including the onion and garlic
- Put the coconut oil in a large wok or pan on a medium to high heat
- Add the onion and garlic for a minute to the melted oil. Next throw in all the vegetables including the red and green pepper and keep stirring
- Cook the quinoa (if you're not using leftovers) as per the instructions on the packet
- Once the vegetables start to soften slightly, stir in the tahini, miso paste, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper
- Add the cooked or leftover quinoa to your cooked vegetables and mix everything together
- Serve and enjoy every mouthful of this vibrant, yummy meal
For more healthy lunch and dinner ideas click here
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @nicolamonson on Instagram
Hello, I'm a Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Breathwork Instructor and Pain & Stress Management Therapist with heaps of experience of helping others tweak and transform their health and life.
Let's work together to optimise how you look, feel and function for better wellness and health.
Say goodbye to confusion, frustration and overwhelm as you transform your health and habits for the better, while confidently creating the healthier outlook you want with exceptional support, guidance and know-how.
Healthier You is the ultimate program for creating serious momentum and progress with your health concerns and goals.
Gut Health Plan
Do you struggle with uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing symptoms like bloating, abdominal cramps, reflux, flatulence, constipation, diarrhoea and nausea?
In this personalised gut health plan, we'll work together to optimise your gut health and function, so that you can re-discover what it feels like to live life with a healthy and happy tummy.
Wellness Business Coaching
Make money doing what you love!
Transformational business coaching to help you launch, monetise or take your health and wellness business to the next level.
My Wellness Business Coaching is designed to give you direction, courage and acceleration to transform your passion and purpose into the business you desire.