This Stir Fried Vegetables With Quinoa Recipe is packed with flavour, crunch and goodness. I love healthy stir fries!
And plant- based stir fries give you the opportunity to bump up your veggie intake without compromising on taste. It's super important to get lots of plant food into your diet.
The miso paste, tahini, lemon juice and herbs add a beautifully deep flavour to the dish.
Miso paste is a great fermented food to include as an ingredient in the right meals. It's a probiotic food and fabulous for your gut.
You can create your own vegetable combination based on what you fancy, have in stock or want to use up. It doesn't take long to knock up this delicious-tasting meal whether you cook the quinoa fresh, or use leftovers.
You can learn more about quinoa in my 4 Tasty Ways With Quinoa blog.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, chopped or grated)
- 8 broccoli tenderstems
- 1 large handful cauliflower florets
- 1 large handful purple cabbage
- 1 large handful green cabbage
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 dessertspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 dessertspoons dried mixed herbs (I used - marjoram, basil & oregano)
- Fresh ground black pepper & salt
- Wash and chop up or slice all the vegetables into bite-size pieces or slices, including the onion and garlic
- Put the coconut oil in a large wok or pan on a medium to high heat
- Add the onion and garlic for a minute to the melted oil. Next throw in all the vegetables including the red and green pepper and keep stirring
- Cook the quinoa (if you're not using leftovers) as per the instructions on the packet
- Once the vegetables start to soften slightly, stir in the tahini, miso paste, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper
- Add the cooked or leftover quinoa to your cooked vegetables and mix everything together
- Serve and enjoy every mouthful of this vibrant, yummy meal
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.