This speedy, home-cooked Cajun Chicken is totally delicious! Create win-win meals using spices and herbs if you want something healthy plus yummy, that can be knocked up in a flash.
Just perfect for a weekday night when you're perhaps lacking the motivation and energy after a long day to pull together a fresh meal.
If you prefer mild spicy heat in your food then replace the cayenne pepper with paprika.
On the other hand, if you like your meals burning-hot spicy, double the amount of cayenne in this recipe. Personally I found it hot enough as it was, but everyone is different.
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 chicken breasts (skinned & sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- Heat a non-stick pan and melt the coconut oil in it
- Put the sliced red and yellow pepper into your pan and cook for 5 minutes
- In a bowl mix the chicken with the garlic, lime juice, all spices and salt
- Add the chicken to the pan. Cook for a further 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked
- Serve with a green salad or steamed green veggies as shown here.
Add brown rice or quinoa to your salad or veggies.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.