If you struggle to eat home cooked fish because you find it boring and boney, then this Fish Recipe With Capers & Fennel Seeds meal is for you.
Always remember that you can add flavour to fish with herbs, spices and plant foods.
I like to throw capers in with white fish dishes - it's like adding an instant breath of fire. Their strong tangy, salty and aromatic taste is incredibly up-lifting.
In this fish recipe, I've also included fennel seeds for a complementary touch of sweet aniseed. Fennel seeds possess lots nutrients and fibre and work well with the parsley, as they belong to the same herb family.
Fish fillets are quick and easy to cook. When you do so in a flavoursome way, you'll have a healthy, tasty dinner that's ready to eat with steamed veggies in about 15 minutes.
Don't you just love super-speedy meals that don't compromise on health or pleasure.
Try to buy freshly caught fish. As with all our food, the fresher the better, from both a nutrient and taste perspective.
Fish Recipe With Capers & Fennel Seeds
1 piece cod (skinless & boneless)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons capers
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Wash and season the fish with salt and pepper
- Warm the olive oil to a moderate heat in the pan (non-stick)
- Lay the fish seasoned side down
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then season the other side before flipping the top-side of the fish to pan facing down.
- Let this side cook for 2-3 minutes too.
- When ready the fish will be opaque, but still moist looking in the middle and should fall apart easily.
- Before I serve the fish, I add the capers, fennel seeds and dried parsley briefly to flavour the oil lightly.
- Serve with steamed veggies and some fresh herbs
- Non-stick pans: pay a bit more for a decent one that won't peel and leek unhealthy compounds into your food. I got mine from John Lewis and it's great.
- Don't stress if the fish falls apart or flakes too much
- Any white fish fillets will work well in this recipe
Hello, I'm a Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Breathwork Instructor and Pain & Stress Management Therapist with heaps of experience of helping others tweak and transform their health and life.
Let's work together to optimise how you look, feel and function for better wellness and health.
Say goodbye to confusion, frustration and overwhelm as you transform your health and habits for the better, while confidently creating the healthier outlook you want with exceptional support, guidance and know-how.
Healthier You is the ultimate program for creating serious momentum and progress with your health concerns and goals.
Gut Health Plan
Do you struggle with uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing symptoms like bloating, abdominal cramps, reflux, flatulence, constipation, diarrhoea and nausea?
In this personalised gut health plan, we'll work together to optimise your gut health and function, so that you can re-discover what it feels like to live life with a healthy and happy tummy.
Wellness Business Coaching
Make money doing what you love!
Transformational business coaching to help you launch, monetise or take your health and wellness business to the next level.
My Wellness Business Coaching is designed to give you direction, courage and acceleration to transform your passion and purpose into the business you desire.