Detoxing is a great way to get our bodies back on track post-festive indulgence. But if after the holidays your goal looks more like a weight loss challenge, then detoxing should still form the first part of your plan.
To shed those inches and pounds you'll need to give your body all the support it can get, in what's effectively a "bigger job" of releasing more toxins and replenishing more harm with good.
Toxins are poison to our body and if left to fester can cause weight gain, disease, ageing, loss of energy and vitality. While our bodies are built to naturally eliminate waste, they need help. When you consider some of the effects of modern life — pollution, poor dietary choices, contaminants in our food and water, stress or a sedentary lifestyle, that’s a hefty load and one that can compromise the most efficient of detoxification systems.
The must-dos of detoxing
To get your weight loss journey off to a flying start, find a programme that will reset and retune your body in a healthy and safe way. What do I mean by this?
- Give your body a helping hand to offload the bad. Replace with the great to feel nourished and renewed rather than deflated, which can often happen after a drastic detox that centres around deprivation. When our bodies don't get enough nutrients it impairs their natural ability to detoxify chemicals, leading to further build-up of toxins. This is not what you want - more weight gain and heightened health risk.
- Do seek detox support in the form of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants as well as a balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and fibre.
- Breaking free from addictions to alcohol, gluten, sugar, caffeine or any other unhealthy foods doesn't have to be difficult. Sufficient fibre and water consumption together with adequate nutrients will speed up the removal of unwanted waste and reduce the likelihood of common detox symptoms and cravings.
- Detoxing and freeing your body of excess weight should be an act of self-care, not one that’s rife with deprivation and struggle. Fuel your body correctly and you'll get great results. Again, don't deny your body of vital nutrients and food groups that will cause hunger and thwart your efforts.
- Exercise is a core part of detoxing and weight loss, with the length and intensity of your current level of activity, together with listening to your body dictating the nature of exercise that works best for you. Walking is detoxifying and many yoga poses, like twists and binds also help speed up detoxification if you're wanting to start off low-key until you gain more energy and strength to be more active.
IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT CLEANING UP YOUR DIET AND DISCOVERING BETTER HEALTH, THEN CHECK OUT MY COACHING AND NUTRITION PROGRAMMES OR CONTACT ME FOR HELP WITH REACHING YOUR HEALTH & WEIGHT LOSS GOALS.
Helping you live life in a healthy, slim and vibrant body.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.