This tropical ice-cream heaven, decorated in flaked almonds and pretty pomegranate seeds is a real treat for those with a dairy intolerance, or for those preferring a healthier option.
Despite being dairy and sugar free, all three ingredients - coconut milk, banana and mango have a creamy texture and natural sweetness. It truly is a recipe of tropical ice-cream "health" heaven!
I'm sure you know that coconut milk is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. And what's cool about coconut milk, is that its saturated fats are mostly short and medium chain fatty acids. So they tend not to be stored by the body as fats.
Coconut milk can provide instant energy, boost immunity, promote healthy digestion, control blood sugar, lower blood pressure and reduce joint inflammation. Just to name but a few of its health benefits!
It's high in calories though. So don't go overboard! But do feel good about indulging in a couple of scoops of this healthy ice-cream.
All we need now is for some hot weather and we're ice-cream away!
1/2 large mango
2 400ml tins of coconut milk (preferably organic as non-organic tends to have additional unhealthy ingredients)
A handful of flaked almonds (optional)
2 tablespoons of fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Slice up the banana and mango into pieces and put in the freezer overnight
- Remove the frozen fruit from the freezer the next day and blend in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Add the coconut milk to the banana and mango mix and blend again briefly
- Return the cream mixture to the freezer for a few hours to turn into ice-cream
- Serve as desired - shown here with flaked almonds and pretty pomegranate
Note: Try not to over-blend the mix.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.