On the look-out for new, quick and healthy dinner ideas? If so, I have just the dish - my Squash, Kale and Quinoa Stew.
This Squash, Kale and Quinoa Stew is an unbelievably, great-tasting meal that will leave you feeling fulfilled, wholesome and energised. Busy days can deplete us of energy, so fueling your body right at dinnertime will give you that much-needed boost to see you through an enjoyable evening.
I used Russian (Siberian) kale in this recipe. You can use whichever kind of kale you want, but I couldn't resist this rarer type at the local farmers market. I know - it's sad when you get excited about discovering kale!
- 300g of quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 4 handfuls of kale
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 litre of boiled water
- 2 tablespoons of ginger (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- sprinkling of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized pan. Add the butternut squash, onion and 1 tablespoon of water to sauté for a few minutes until the squash starts to soften slightly.
- Throw in the garlic, ginger, a pinch of salt, pepper and another tablespoon of water to sauté for another minute.
- Add the kale, quinoa, water and tamari. Then cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa, butternut squash and kale have cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds if you fancy.
Top Tip: Prep the veg in advance if you want to save time.
For more ideas on what to do with quinoa, check out my 4 Tasty Ways With Quinoa blog.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.