This Prawn and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe makes for a speedy supper. Full of colour plus flavour, it will keep your tummy light and mood bright.
Your body will also love the tender-crisp vegetables that taste nutritionally-dense, fresh and wholesome.
If you've already mastered the art of stir fries, you'll know that it's easy to knock up all sorts of exciting combos and flavours. Just make sure to select ingredients that taste great together and remember to keep stirring while the food is cooking.
Stir fries are a super-quick meal to prep, so you won't need to be 100% hands-on for too long.
- Cooked brown rice for 2 servings
- 220g of peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into circle slices)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 of a cabbage (finely sliced)
- juice of 1/2 a freshly squeezed lemon + wedge of lemon (for serving)
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Heat the coconut oil in your wok until liquid form.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Throw the remaining vegetables in and stir fry until they start to become slightly tender.
- Make space in the middle of the wok, and add the prawns with the lemon juice. At this point add some seasoning too.
- Allow the prawns to cook in the centre of the wok for about 2 minutes before combining them with the vegetables.
- Add the tamari sauce, honey and shredded coconut for the last few minutes. Cook until the vegetables reach a tender-crunchy state.
- Sprinkle on some pumpkin seeds and combine with the stir fry.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Happy Sizzle Stir Frying!
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.