These Peanut, Cacao & Gluten Free Oat Cookies are the perfect mid-afternoon snack (or even enjoyed as a delicious dessert with some yoghurt).
They are made of only 8 healthy ingredients of which many are cupboard staples, so no need for a big shop.
If you have an allergy or dislike to peanuts swap them for almonds.
Having healthier snacks to hand is a must to keep your energy high and help you stick to a more nutritious diet.
Peanut, Cacao & Gluten Free Oat Cookie Recipe
Makes 12 (approximately)
Ready in 30 minutes
- 200g of gluten free oats
- 100g of peanuts
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 40g of coconut oil (melted)
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water (or 1 egg)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Pulse the peanuts in a food processor to break them into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the peanuts, salt, oats and cacao together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry oat mix and add the orange juice, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and flax seed in water. Fold these liquid ingredients into your dry mixture with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Spoon the dough mixture onto the baking trays into cookie size shapes, spacing about 5cms apart.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden, then remove from the oven and leave on the trays to cool and harden.
- Store them in an airtight container and enjoy as a healthy snack or dessert.
Top Tip: If you want to freeze some of the cookies this is fine, just defrost overnight before eating the following day.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.