This flame-coloured Lamb & Sweet Potato Pie will fill your body with warming vibes.
Sweet potato is a healthy replacement for white potato and revitalising rosemary adds freshness and flavour to the entire dish.
So swap your traditional shepherds pie for this sweet and fragrant version.
Although the recipe includes carrot and celery I like to serve it with extra steamed veggies.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 55 minutes
- 500g lean lamb's mince (organic or grass fed)
- 1 red onion (peeled & chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled & finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled if non-organic & chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (trimmed & chopped)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour (optional)
- 125ml filtered water
- 1 small bunch fresh rosemary leaves
- 1kg sweet potatos
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Ground black pepper & sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 375F
- Heat a large pan and add the lamb mince plus seasoning and buckwheat flour. Combine all together and cook until the lamb is brown all over. Keep stirring so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot to the lamb with the tinned tomatoes, filtered water and a large pinch of rosemary leaves and stir well
- Leave the ingredients in the same pan or put in an overproof dish, then cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, wash the sweet potatoes and peel them if they aren't organic before steaming them for about 10 minutes. You want them slightly soft, but firm enough to slice into pieces. Make sure to chop them into small potato size chunks before steaming so they all cook at the same speed
- Remove the lamb from the oven and layer the sweet potato slices over the top, drizzling each one with a little extra virgin olive oil and more rosemary leaves. Then bake uncovered for another 10 minutes
- Serve with steamed veggies of your choice
Top Tip: Suitable for freezing in batches
Hello, I'm a Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Breathwork Instructor and Pain & Stress Management Therapist with heaps of experience of helping others tweak and transform their health and life.
Let's work together to optimise how you look, feel and function for better wellness and health.
Say goodbye to confusion, frustration and overwhelm as you transform your health and habits for the better, while confidently creating the healthier outlook you want with exceptional support, guidance and know-how.
Healthier You is the ultimate program for creating serious momentum and progress with your health concerns and goals.
Gut Health Plan
Do you struggle with uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing symptoms like bloating, abdominal cramps, reflux, flatulence, constipation, diarrhoea and nausea?
In this personalised gut health plan, we'll work together to optimise your gut health and function, so that you can re-discover what it feels like to live life with a healthy and happy tummy.
Wellness Business Coaching
Make money doing what you love!
Transformational business coaching to help you launch, monetise or take your health and wellness business to the next level.
My Wellness Business Coaching is designed to give you direction, courage and acceleration to transform your passion and purpose into the business you desire.