This is my new favourite Indian Summer dish. It's easy to prepare and incredibly good for you.
Every single ingredient in this recipe has health benefits that will keep you energised and make you feel great.
It's packed with good fats, phytonutrients, healthy carbs, fibre and a substantial amount of protein. And, it tastes divine.
Indian Summer Veggie Bowl
Ready in 30 minutes
Selection of vegetables:
- cavolo nero
- chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon hemp oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 3 olives
- 3 walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- herbs - fresh basil & parsley
- Himalayan salt & pepper for seasoning
- Chop up your chosen veggies into small slices and chunks before placing them in a steamer basket that will sit on top of a steamer pan, containing the quinoa and 1 cup of water.
- Cook the quinoa for 15-20 minutes and steam the veggies on top for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the quinoa, herbs, veggies and other dry ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients - tahini, lemon juice, avocado and hemp oil, then stir everything together.
- Season to taste and serve.
Top tip: Keep an eye on the quinoa to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add a bit more water if it's looking dry.
For more ideas on cooking with quinoa, check out my post - 4 Tasty Ways With Quinoa
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.