I try to keep a stash of healthy granola on hand, as it’s the perfect snack, breakfast option or base for a delicious dessert.
- 240g whole rolled oats
- 100g whole almonds
- 100g pecans
- 60g hazelnuts
- 120g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g flaxseeds
- 50g dessicated or flaked coconut
- 60g goji berries or dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor to break them down into smaller pieces
- Put them in a bowl with all of the other dry ingredients (minus the goji berries or dried cranberries) and stir together
- Mix the maple syrup with the melted coconut oil and stir into the dry granola mix until evenly coated
- Place the mixture into a baking tray and cook for 40 minutes until slightly toasted. Keep stirring the mixture to make sure that every bit of the granola is able to lightly brown and it doesn't burn on top.
- When it is cooked all over, remove the granola from the oven and let it cool
- Once it's cool mix in the goji berries or cranberries and serve
- Store in an airtight container. I prefer to use mason jars instead of plastic containers.
- Image shows served with a handful of blueberries
Top Tip: Make sure you use 100% pure whole rolled jumbo oats in this recipe. Be aware too, that oats on their own are gluten-free, but crops of oats can be rotated with crops of wheat or barley, and they can be grown in fields right next to each other during the same season.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.