I can’t get over how incredibly delicious this healthy clementine cake is.
It's made with almond flour and is the perfect twist on a classic cake recipe.
Healthy Clementine Cake with Almond Flour is:
High-Protein, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free,
Dairy-Free, Naturally Sweetened, Grain-Free,
Refined Sugar-Free, Easy-to-Make
The trick to making cakes that are healthy enough to eat everyday (if you want to) without worrying about your waistline is to replace the high-carbohydrate ingredients with low-carbohydrate ones.
Instead of refined sugar and regular white flour, this cake uses only maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
Almond flour is naturally gluten-free, high in protein and low in carbs, so it won’t leave you with the blood sugar ups and downs that come with white flour recipes. It’s like a miracle recipe and even healthy enough to eat every day if you love it.
This healthy clementine cake recipe has just a hint of sweetness, which I prefer as I don’t have a big sweet tooth. If you want a sweeter treat, up the quantity of maple syrup which will do the trick.
Healthy Clementine Cake with Almond Flour (Gluten-Free)
Prep time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 250g of almond flour (ground almonds)
- 100g of maple syrup
- 6 clementines
- 3 eggs
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- Place the whole clementines (rind included) in a saucepan and fill with water. Bring to the boil on your hob. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Drain the clementines saving the water they have been cooked in and allow the clementines to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a deep cake tine with baking paper.
- Transfer the clementines to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and process until just combined. Transfer cake mixture to the cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the cake is slightly golden around the edges and feels firm when gently poked in the centre.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cake to sit an additional 5 minutes in the oven.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy as a healthy snack or dessert.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.