If you struggle to eat home cooked fish because you find it boring and boney, then this one is for you.
You can add flavour to fish with herbs, spices and plant foods though.
I like to throw capers in with white fish dishes. Because it's like adding this instant breath of fire. Their strong tangy, salty and aromatic taste is incredibly uplifing.
In this recipe I've included fennel seeds too, for a complementary touch of sweet aniseed.
Fennel also carries a ton of nutrients and fibre, even just the seeds.
Plus fennel seeds work well with the parsley, as they belong to the same herb family.
Fish fillets are quick and easy to cook!
And when you do so in a flavoursome way, you'll have a healthy, tasty dinner that's ready to eat with steamed veggies in about 15 minutes.
Don't you just love super-speedy meals that don't compromise on health or pleasure.
Try to buy freshly caught fish. As with all our food, the fresher the better, from both a nutrient and taste perspective.
1 piece cod (skinless & boneless)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons capers
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Wash and season the fish with salt and pepper
- Warm the olive oil to a moderate heat in the pan (non-stick)
- Lay the fish seasoned side down
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then season the other side before flipping the top-side of the fish to pan facing down.
- Let this side cook for 2-3 minutes too.
- When ready the fish will be opaque, but still moist looking in the middle and should fall apart easily.
- Before I serve the fish, I add the capers, fennel seeds and dried parsley briefly to flavour the oil lightly.
- Serve with steamed veggies and some fresh herbs
- Non-stick pans: pay a bit more for a decent one that won't peel and leek unhealthy compounds into your food. I got mine from John Lewis and it's great.
- Don't stress if the fish falls apart or flakes too much
- Any white fish fillets will work well in this recipe
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.