This Easy Vegan Baked Tofu Recipe is a quick and inexpensive plant-based recipe that tastes yummy.
All you need is a maximum of five ingredients and it's cooked in a flash. It comes out of the oven crispy and flavourful, and ready to add some zing to your meal.
Tofu can be very bland by itself. But this recipe is the perfect, tasty meat-alternative for vegetarians and vegans. Or if you just want a break from meat, or something lighter, this works really well.
This Easy Vegan Baked Tofu Recipe is great for a lunch or dinner protein base and you can serve it with more or less anything you fancy. I served it with roasted aubergine slices which I cooked in the oven with the tofu, some steamed broccoli and chard, plus, raw organic alfalfa sprouts.
You can also prepare quinoa, brown rice or gluten-free noodles to have with the baked tofu and veggies.
When buying tofu make sure you opt for high quality though. My favourite is The Tofoo Co Naked Tofu. It's organic, 100% natural, non-GMO, dairy, gluten and yeast free. I also like that it's handmade to a traditional Japanese recipe, which is better than most others out there.
Easy Vegan Baked Tofu
READY IN: 55 MINUTES (including marinating time)
- 1 pack of Tofu (280g)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoons tamari sauce
- fresh coriander to serve
- Put the tofu on a board between some kitchen towels before placing another chopping board or something flat and heavy on top of the tofu. Then leave this for 5 minutes to flatten. You may need to press down on it for some time to make this happen. It doesn't need to be really thin in depth, just enough so that you can cut it into about 5 cm cubes all round.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and put in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients - honey, Tamari sauce, toasted sesame oil and hot chilli sauce (optional). Pour the marinade over the tofu cubes and toss to coat.
- Leave the marinated tofu for at least 30 minutes before baking. You can do steps 1-3 the night before you plan to eat the tofu, and put it in the fridge for a richer flavour.
- Cover a baking tray with a baking sheet and arrange the marinated tofu on top.
- Place it in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through to make sure of even cooking coverage.
- Serve with fresh coriander, a salad, or raw and steamed veggies and a grain of your choice. Quinoa is a great one for extra protein with vegan and vegetarian dishes.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.