I can't think of anything I love more to nourish my body when the nights start to draw in, then a big bowl of homemade soup.
This easy, healthy carrot & parsnip soup recipe is made with two of our most beloved root vegetables, to pack a delicious, grounding, Autumnal punch.
Belonging to the same plant family, carrots are particularly known for their beta-carotene content and one of the great things about parsnips is their soluble fibre content, which helps you feel fuller for longer. A happy, health bonus for those concerned about their weight.
And if you haven't tried aromatic hazelnut oil as a drizzle dressing on top of soup before you are in for a treat.
Easy, Healthy Carrot & Parsnip Soup Recipe
Ready in 30 minutes
- 2 medium-large parsnips
- 6 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 litre bone broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, thyme, oregano
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper (to season)
- Hazelnut oil (to drizzle over the top)
- Pumpkin & sunflower seeds (for decoration)
- Scrub the carrot and parsnip skins of any residue soil. I keep the skin on as I use organic ones (which I highly recommend), but definitely peel them if you opt for non-organic. Then roughly chop them into chunks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pan. Once melted, add the garlic and herbs. Cook for a couple of minutes before adding the carrots and parsnips.
- Coat the carrots and parsnips with the oil, garlic and herbs and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next pour in the bone broth or stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Blend the soup, season to taste and serve with a drizzle of hazelnut oil, a sprinkling of oregano and some pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Top tip: To draw more flavour out of the soup (and this goes for any soup), leave it for at least a couple of hours before the blending stage.
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.