As a muffin lover, I couldn't wait to create these Christmassy Cranberry & Clementine Muffins.
I'm really into eating with the seasons, so with fresh tart cranberries and sweet clementines currently in abundance, these muffins are the perfect healthy treat to add to your festive food list.
They are gluten, dairy and sugar free, but still totally yummy - especially when served with coconut yoghurt (as seen in the photo).
I used fresh cranberries for the recipe and dried cranberries for decoration. If you prefer to use dried cranberries throughout, just half the amount of cranberries listed in the recipe.
- 350g buckwheat flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml almond milk
- 350g cranberries (fresh)
- 3 small clementines (peeled and into segments)
- 1 orange (zest of)
- 100g maple syrup (high quality - grade A ideally)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- muffin cases
- dessicated coconut + dried cranberries for decorating (optional)
Serve with coconut yoghurt if desired (brand - Coyo and flavour - vanilla is my favourite)
- Preheat oven to 200c / 180c (fan)
- In a food processor mix the dry ingredients together - buckwheat flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the cranberries) to the food processor and blend again until smooth
- Stir in the fresh cranberries and mix well
- Place the muffin cases in a muffin tray and then fill the cases with the cranberry & clementine muffin mixture
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until they are golden on top. Also insert a fork into the middle of the muffin to double check that the centre is cooked. Fork should come out smooth
- Allow muffins to cool before serving
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.