If you're craving warm, nourishing food that's delicious but still healthy, then this Broccoli & Bok Choy Soup is one for you.
Broccoli is an affordable superfood that is high in fibre and has a variety of nutrients including vitamins C and K.
And Bok Choy, a less popular veggie is actually one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat. It's abundant in vitamins A, C and K making it an anti-inflammatory food and it also contains some minerals and iron.
This soup is vegan and dairy-free, but the ground almonds do a fabulous job of creating a creamy texture with a hint of sweetness.
READY IN 40 MINUTES
- 1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 300g broccoli spears (washed)
- 250g Bok choy (washed)
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1.5 litres filtered water
- Fresh ground black pepper & Himalayan salt
For the topping: 1 tablespoon flaked almonds & 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Cut the bok choy in same size slices
- Cut the broccoli spears into roughly same-size florets
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick saucepan and saute the onion, garlic, bok choy and broccoli for about 5 minutes until slightly soft
- Add the water and all the other remaining ingredients.
- Bring everything to the boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes before blending and serving in soup bowls
- Sprinkle the topping ingredients over the individual soup bowls
1) If you want to prepare everything in advance and cook the soup once you know you'll be ready for it later that day, complete step 4 in the recipe and then leave the ingredients to soak in the water until you're ready to continue with step 5. This will also enhance the flavour of the soup.
2) Double up on the quantity of ingredients if you want a batch lot to freeze or for another day
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.