Some mornings I crave warm, comforting food like this Banana & Blueberry Porridge.
Yes - comfort food can be healthy and quick to prep. Two of my must-haves first thing in the morning!
And with breakfast being the kick-start to your day, you can't afford to skip it.
What I love about this porridge topping is the frosty looking blueberries that twinkle on top of the creamy, warm and nourishing oat, banana and coconut goodness. Why not satiate multiple senses in one-go!
- 100g rolled oats (organic)
- 4 dessertspoons coconut milk
- 2 dessertspoon coconut oil
- 2 dessertspoon almond butter
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 300ml purified water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Topping:
- 1 handful broken pecan nuts
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 dessertspoon frozen blueberries
- Put the oats, water and the sliced banana in a saucepan and simmer until the water has been absorbed and you have your desired consistency
- Stir in the coconut oil and almond butter until mixed throughout and then cook for another minute before stirring in the cinnamon and serving
- Add the topping (pecans, blueberries and pumpkin seeds) to finish off your porridge and tucking into your nourishing breakfast
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.