Packed with nutrition and fibre, you can't go wrong with my Adzuki Bean Stew. It's a great dish to add to your detox menu plan too.
Aduki beans contain health properties that are especially beneficial for our detox organs - the liver and kidneys!
The adzuki bean is a versatile, healthy vegetarian source of protein.
But one of my favourite ways with the adzuki bean, is to combine it with coconut milk, cleansing veggies and earthy-tasting spices like cumin and turmeric, as in this recipe.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tin adzuki beans (organic) or 200g dried adzuki beans (soaked overnight)
- Assortment of chopped fresh fennel, cauliflower and sliced courgette
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 400ml tin coconut milk (preferably organic - as no nasty add-ins)
- 4 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- Salt & Pepper (seasoning)
- For dried adzuki beans, cook as per the instructions on the packet
- Heat a non-stick pan and melt the coconut oil in it
- Add the onion, garlic, assorted veggies, cumin plus turmeric and cook until slightly soft
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the sliced tomato and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Next, add the adzuki beans and cook for a further 5 minutes before serving with some fresh coriander and brown rice or sweet potato
Skin & Beauty Health
Multi-award winning, vegan skin and beauty products to promote better health and a more youthful complexion. Freshly made using sustainably sourced, premium, natural ingredients.